Huntington, West Virginia
In 1903, a 27-acre tract of level farmland near the confluence of Twelvepole Creek and the Ohio River opened as Camden Park. It was a picnic park near the streetcar line. Rides first appeared in 1907. Six rides were operating in here by 1920. In 1937, the entire park was covered with water due to the Ohio River flood. In the late 1990s, part of the park was destroyed by fire. Fortunately, no rides were burned!
Camden's two coasters, (Thunderbolt Express has been demolished) are the only permanent coasters in West Virginia. Currently the park has about 25 rides, two of which are ACE Coaster Classics.
©2011 JAR Productions.