After working as a farmer and an air traffic controller, Cliff Hammond and his wife Zella opened Uncle Cliff's Kiddieland
in 1959. After complaints from the neighbors, the park was relocated to the Tijeras Canyon area in 1963. The 6-acre lot was soon expanded by another 10 acres. The park later changed its name to Uncle Cliff's Familyland in 1964, Uncle Cliff's Amusement Park in the 1980s, and finally Cliff's Amusement Park in 1990. In its 50-year history, several generations of the Hammond family have continued to own and operate the park.
Cliff's Amusement Park
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Two coasters have left the park: Coaster was a Schiff & Associates kiddie coaster which opened with the park's debut in 1959. Mad Mouse was a Allan Herschell "Mad Mouse" model that ran from 1964 until 1981.
New Mexico Rattler
JAR Productions. All rights reserved.